Corporate culture probably wasn’t a common term in James Henry Ryan’s day, but he had the wisdom to know the principles that make a quality company — integrity, honesty, civic pride and a sincere regard for people. Ryan has grown significantly since then, but his foundation has more than informed the culture his grandson Pat Ryan and his partner Tim Gray nurture today. When Ryan expands into a new city, they make sure long-term Ryan employees are leading that effort to ensure Ryan’s environment of respect and service travels well.
As Pat Ryan says, “Our collective abilities make us competent; our culture and values make us great."
SERVICE: what building lasting relationships is all about
- Customers Our whole business is built around earning your trust everyday. We are planning, working, pushing and succeeding to serve you like no one else can. That’s why over 77% of our customers build with us again and 97% are extremely satisfied with our project delivery.
- Communities We deliver quality developments that bring opportunity, economic investment and consumer choice; give back through volunteerism, education and other gifts; and regard how we impact our greater community.
- Employees When you hire the best people, you have to take care of them. Not only do we have one of the best safety programs in the industry, we ensure our employee’s continual development so they continue to be challenged and successful.
- Partners We don’t do it alone. We foster equitable, financially beneficial relationships with brokers, subcontractors, municipalities and others to meet our customer’s needs.
- Environment It's about more than recognizing our industry's long-term impact on natural and human environments. It's about working harder, pushing forward, doing more to raise the standard for ourselves and others to deliver cost-effective, sustainable developments that enhance our communities as well as the lives of the individuals who live and work in them.
CHARACTER: the qualities that define us
- Forthright Honest and straightforward, or as they said back in the day “a straight shooter” — you’ll never have to guess where we’re coming from.
- Industrious Working energetically and devotedly; diligently — it may be an outdated idea, but we really do believe hard work builds character.
- Passionate Having, compelled by, or ruled by intense emotion or strong feeling — we work hard to serve you like no one else can; we love what we do and it shows in your final product.
- Respectful We seek to always create an environment based on integrity and mutual understanding.
SPIRIT: how we work
- Entrepreneurial Our people are empowered to make their own decisions and to be accountable for them.
- Collaborative Based on our customers goals and expectations, we draw on the expertise and experience of the team to deliver the best solutions.
- Generous While we believe wholeheartedly in giving back to the community, generosity of spirit is also seeing the best in people and their intentions.
INTELLIGENCE: doing it right the first time
- Expertise We made a decision as a company that true product and service expertise was more important than trying to be everything to everyone.
- Experience Knowledge is valuable, knowledge gained from what one has observed, encountered or undergone is invaluable.
- Forward-thinking Firmly rooted, we're creating solutions for what you need now and for what’s on the horizon – sustainability, technology, workforce and other issues that will impact your business for years to come.